It’s a tale as old as time…
Marvel or DC?
Burger King or McDonalds?
Coke or “Is Pepsi OK”?
O.K, maybe the tale of Instagram or Snapchat isn’t that old but it’s definitely something people are wondering. Especially those that haven’t jumped onto the wagon and are considering is it even worth it?
By the numbers, Instagram has double the daily users than Snapchat…with those numbers are people who are still using Instagram both the “Stories” and the “Profile” features of the app. Snapchat has updated its app over time to become almost unrecognizable from the app users first signed up for.
Is it already sounding like you know which side I’m taking…cuz it should be. To get this out of the way, I’m 100% Team Instagram… shocker I know.
But I’m not here to tell you why you should use Instagram over Instagram, I’m here to tell you why every one is using it!
What does Instagram have that Snapchat doesn’t?
1) Users – As of June 20th 1 Billion Monthly Active Users
2) It’s E.A.S.Y – It’s user interface is as simple as it gets…most recent stories up top, timeline below and everything else you need right at the bottom.
3) Less Ads- It’s stories feature doesn’t push daily ads on you like Snapchat does with its sponsored daily filters… no offense Mountain Dew I just don’t need a picture of me with orange air, paint on my face doing the dew.
4) Networking – I’m able to make connections with geo tagging and the ability to tag other users and hashtags in both “stories” and photo posts.
5) Do you need more reasons?
To be continued…